Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Prayer Bear

Ivy's still where she's been the past 10 months. Enough about that. Here's the scene from bedtime tonight:

London: "Dad, I want a story."
Dad: "London, no story tonight. We just watched all those [YouTube] videos."
London: "Noooooooo! I--want--a--story!!!"
Dad: "No, story, buddy. But we will pray."
London: "I don't want to pray!"
Dad: "Oh? Why not?"
London: "Because I don't like to pray!"
Dad: "Why don't you like to pray?"
London: "Because... um... um... because... I don't like it."
Dad: "What if I never talked to you? Wouldn't you be sad?"
London: "Yeah..."
Dad: "That's how God feels when we don't talk to Him!"
London: "Oh."
Dad: "So let's pray. You can say whatever you want to say to Him."
London: "Jesus, I don't like to pray. My dad says to pray, and stuff. But I just don't want to pray all by myself. And that's the way it's gonna be."

Kid cracks me up. I love the honesty. I told him that talking to God -- about anything -- is better than not talking to Him at all. After that, we did a repeat-after-me prayer, in which he participated beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counter